Which wedding dress designers will you find at TJ Formal?
At TJ Formal, you will find a selection of beautiful wedding dresses with the design details and embellishments in the silhouette that will make you look fantastic on your wedding day. We carry both advertised designer gowns such as Allure Bridals and Mori Lee plus unadvertised exclusive gowns for brides who want to wear something different.
How soon should you shop for or order your wedding gown after you become engaged?
You should start shopping for your gown at least 1 year before your wedding date. It takes several months for delivery if your gown must be special ordered. Then you should allow plenty of time for your alterations with several weeks in between appointments to get the perfect fit.
What local brides are saying about their TJ Formal experience:
"I felt extremely comfortable in the store and with my consultant. She asked all the right questions and told us about promotions, which is great. When Tina suggested the veil with the dress I chose, I put it on and my mom and sisters started crying, and in turn I started crying. I felt more beautiful than I ever have. Their reactions helped me realize that the dress was 'the dress'. Buying my dress from this store was beneficial because I got a gorgeous designer dress without spending over $5000." -Jordan
"Wow!! Very friendly, overall wonderful experience! Compared to everywhere else I looked, [prices at TJ Formal were] very cheap." -Annie
"A lot of different dresses to chose from. Tina was very informative... [she] added more to the dress to get the feel of what it would look like on the day. Glad I found my dress and my girls dresses at the same place." -Lauren
"At TJ Formal all the consultants were very welcoming. Tina was great! She was very helpful in finding my dress and a joy to work with. Actually finding "the" dress was what made me the happiest. I've been very indecisive so the wide selection of dresses really helped me in finding "the one". The accessory package was helpful in saving money!" --Elaina F.
"Wonderful! Tina was extremely helpful & friendly. Having her as a consultant made me very comfortable! I loved the feeling that I immediately got after putting my wedding gown on. It was just the style I was looking for. The selection I had to pick from was wonderful and the price was even better! I feel very confident in my selection." -Whitney s.
"My overall feeling about TJ Formal was amazing. The bridal consultants were very sweet. They made me feel very comfortable. Tina and Rebekah were great, they were very patient. What made me the happiest was that they let me pick out the gowns I wanted to try on. The benefit is that I found it here in Joplin and I didn't have to order my gown. Another benefit is that since I found my gown at TJ Formal, I also found my bridesmaid dresses here as well, so now I don't have to look at anymore stores." -Jeanette D.
Why shop for your wedding dress at TJ Formal?
Our buyers travel to the U. S. Bridal Markets several times a year to see the newest designer collections. We carefully choose our gowns with our brides in mind. The styles, the colors, the sizes and price points that our brides are looking for.
- TJ Formal has great selection of nationally advertised styles by designers such as Allure Bridals, Mori Lee, and Moonlight Tango. Gowns which are not only beautifully constructed but are wonderfully embellished so that you will look like you've always dreamed of looking in your wedding gown.
- You will also find a large number of unadvertised private collections of wedding gowns. These gowns are sewn by the major design houses but are only available to select stores. Our brides are able to purchase a beautiful and unique gown to really make her wedding day a special one.
- At TJ Formal, our bridal consultants are specially trained to work with brides to find "the" dress and give her an amazing experience. You will find our consultants to be friendly and helpful with no high pressure sales techniques.
- If you purchase your wedding dress on your first visit, TJ Formal offers a choice of three accessory packages at a great savings to you.
- You'll find spacious, private dressing rooms complete with mirror and lighting - see photos!
- TJ Formal has a bridal viewing area with runway, large mirror and seating for your family and friends to see you in the gown you fall in love with - see photos!
- You will be expertly measured before your gown is special ordered for you.
- If your gown will need alterations, we offer references for expert seamstresses.
- Upon delivery, your wedding dress will be steamed and pressed and presented to you in a FREE pink TJ Formal zippered garment bag.
Why make an appointment to shop for your wedding dress?
Although an appointment is not required at TJ Formal, we advise making one because we want you to have an amazing experience shopping for your bridal gown. Making an appointment will insure that you have your own bridal consultant and her undivided attention to every detail you deserve. Proper ettiquette for trying on wedding dresses includes things like wearing underwear and allowing consultants to assist you in trying on the gowns. You can read more about these and other things to expect below. If this is your FIRST visit to TJ Formal to try on gowns and you purchase your gown that day, you will be offered an accessory package at a substantial savings. We schedule 2-hour appointments Monday through Saturday 10am-6pm and on Sunday 1pm-4pm. Call 417-623-4333 or email to make an appointment with one of our consultants.
What to expect during your appointment at TJ Formal while shopping for your wedding dress.
- Upon your arrival at the store, your bridal consultant will introduce herself and begin the registration process.
- She will ask you simple questions such as your wedding date, name and contact information, filling in your registration form with your answers. As you try on gowns, the consultant will add your favorite styles to your registration along with your choice of veils, tiaras, shoes and jewelry.
- You’ll then be invited to browse our racks of wedding dresses and to choose a few gowns to begin the try-on process.
- Your consultant will give you a longline bra and half slip to wear during the try-on process. She will help you into the gowns. Wearing underwear is required when trying on the dresses.
- As you try on gowns, the bridal consultant might choose additional gowns for you as she discovers your personal style and which gowns will look best on you.
- She will help you narrow your selection down to the perfect gown.
- If “the” wedding gown you choose is not the correct size or color or if you would prefer to order a new gown and the gown is still a current designer’s style, we will then special order the gown for you to be delivered in 12-20 weeks depending on the designer.
- Your bridal consultant will give you advice on the best dress silhouette and style for your body type. She will advise you on the perfect veil, tiara, shoes and other accessories that compliment your gown.
- If this is your FIRST visit to TJ Formal to try on gowns and you purchase your gown that day, you will be offered an accessory package at a substantial savings.
- Our bridal consultants are trained to give you a memorable day while shopping for your dream dress to wear on your wedding day.
What hours and holidays is TJ Formal open?
Monday-Friday 11am-6pm, Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday 1-4pm.
Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th
Where is TJ Formal located?
508 N. Range Line Rd., Suite A, Joplin, Missouri 64801 map it
(Just two blocks north of Northpark Mall on Range Line Rd.)
From Springfield, MO - 70 miles West, approximate 1 hour 15 min. drive
From Kansas City, MO/KS - 150 miles South, approximate 3 hour drive
From St. Louis, MO - 280 miles Southwest, approximate 4 hours 30 min. drive
From Tulsa, OK - 115 miles Northeast, approximate 2 hour drive
From Wichita, KS - 185 miles East, approximate 4 hour 45 min. drive
From Fayeteville, AR - 85 miles North, approximate 1 hour 30 min. drive
From Fort Smith, AR - 140 miles North, approximate 2 hour 30 min. drive
What forms of payment are accepted?
Cash, Checks (with ID), all major credit cards, Paypal